Stuffed Baked Apples that have baked slowly in the oven that are bursting with cinnamon and brown sugar are such an easy dessert to make that also works great for any holiday!
STUFFED BAKED APPLES
Any type of apple dessert that involves baking apples in the oven is always a treat. Not only do you get that lovely aroma waffling through your home, you also get a rich and savory dish that is great any time of the day!
If you are looking for another yummy recipe that uses apple, my Carmel Apple Cider is out of this world and will work great satisfying your apple cravings!
Before you started making this recipe, here are a few quick tips and suggestions.
WHAT APPLES ARE BEST FOR BAKING?
Jonagold and Honeycrisp both work beautifully. Granny Smith also works really well. They hold up really well to the heat.
HOW DO YOU SERVE BAKED APPLES?
Right out of the oven! They are absolutely delicious when they are served warm. Add a dollop of vanilla ice cream and it is pure heaven.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COOKING APPLES AND REGULAR APPLES?
The difference is because cooking apples are larger and they hold their shape much better. Regular apples don’t hold their shape very well under heat.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE STUFFED BAKED APPLES
- Jonagold apples – the main ingredient for this recipe.
- Pecans – this ingredient will deliver the crunch and interesting texture this recipe calls for.
- Vanilla extract – all great recipes uses pure vanilla.
- Egg – this will be used as the binder.
- Brown sugar – this type of sugar works wonderfully with apples.
- Cinnamon – need I say more about why cinnamon has to be used in recipes calling for apples?
- Powdered sugar – this will be an optional ingredient.
READY TO MAKE STUFFED APPLES?
You can get the full recipe and ingredients required below in the printable recipe card. You can refer to the in-process images below throughout the baking process.
Wash and clean your apples. Then with a sharp pairing knife, you will need to remove the top off of each apple and remove the center part of the apple.
On a cutting board, cut up the pecans plus the remaining bits of apples into very small chunks.
Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Stuff the apple mixture into the apples.
Bake until they are done then remove from oven and gently dust powdered sugar over the tops.
STUFFED BAKED APPLES
- 5 Jonagold Apples
- 1/4 cups pecans
- 2 tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut off the top of four apples and remove the hearts.
- Chop the pecans and the extra apple into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix the apple and the pecans with cinnamon and sugar. Add the vanilla and the egg and whisk them for a few seconds
- Fill the four apples with the pecan mix.
- Bake the apples in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar to decorate.